Sunday, August 7, 2011

things I love to look at everyday....

This is a framed piece of paper...hanging in my hallway
On it is a grocery list...and yes, I have serial killer handwriting...I'm aware....
But there is also something very special on it...
It's the first time that my oldest son wrote his name!!!
And I didn't even know that he had done it until I went to put something else on my list...
and he did it one month before his 4th birthday!!
I'm just so proud and I love seeing it all the time
P.S. it reads "Brodie"

This is another piece of paper hanging in my hallway...
it is the "original draft" of the poem that my little brother wrote for my wedding...
My husband and I wanted only 1 person standing beside us when we got married...
He chose his dad...and I chose my little brother Andrew, who was 16 at the time...
{technically, he was my "Man of Honor"}
anyway, he wrote this poem and read it aloud at our reception....
It Reads:
My Sister, My Friend
When I was little I was your living baby doll
{I was 7 when he was born}
Mom says you barely put me down at all
Then I got a little older and I was a pain
But you still included me in all your big kid games

Throughout the years we've grown close together
{we still are, we talk almost everyday}
Even though we fought and yelled at each other, 
Just remember, you'll always be my sister,
And I'll always be your brother

Now you and Denny are starting a new life together
Full of ups and downs I know you will weather
Sure, you'll get mad and he'll sleep on the couch
But in the end, it will all turn out

I wish you guys the best of luck
But who needs luck when you've got love
So here you go "Whistle Britches"
{a very horrible nickname bestowed on me by my dad when I was little}
Start a new life with the man of your wishes

No comments:

Post a Comment