Thursday, July 28, 2011

just taking a second to pay homage to my fireplace....

I LOOOVE my fireplace..I love waking up to a fire crackling, I love going to sleep to a fire crackling, I love the great feeling of accomplishment that I get when I build an amazing fire that burns all day and warms the house like only a fire can do. I love decorating it in the fall and again for Christmas. I love how a fire looks beside a newly decorated Christmas tree. I love that it has a hearth to sit on. I love how it is sitting patiently, silently, waiting for a beautifully decorated fall mantle and the first fire of the season. I love that when the power goes out (as it does ALLL the time) we can still warm the house , cook a meal and all sleep in the livingroom in front of our cozy fire...I cannot say enough about how much I love my fireplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment